Good Monitoring Site

Is there any recommendation for a good and free/low-price site monitoring application ?

Jonathan

Get 200GB[L1 Plan], $50, PLUS 1 additional Free Domain with [color=#CC0000]50AND1DOMAIN[/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

How about yourself + web browser :open_mouth: ?

On a serious note, this has been discussed often and the conclusion is that none of these services are going to give you a true representation of your site’s uptime/performance.

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

I asked:

[quote]1. Are you willing to pay for better service or do you want something free?
2. Where are most of your users located?[/quote]
You answered:

[quote]1. So, the free one is not a good service ? Ok, both of them if I may ?
2. My targeted users are China, South East Asia, and US.[/quote]
I use mon.itor.us, which is free and will hit your site once every 30 minutes from three locations and give you response times and nice graphs. I couldn’t find anything more frequent for free and mon.itor.us was the only free one I could find that gave me response times instead of just site outage notifications.

They only have checks from three locations - in Germany, Austria, and the U.S., I believe, but you should check out their more recent info for yourself and also check out what they do better for their free service.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Hm… I try host-tracker and it is monitoring my site in every 30 minutes. I don’t know the accuracies but when my site got error they reported it and also how long the recovery goes on.

I think it is pretty good (as I am knew to this). It’s only that I’m using trial period with them and now wonder is there any alternative that might be better and is free/low price.

Jonathan

Get 200GB[L1 Plan], $50, PLUS 1 additional Free Domain with [color=#CC0000]50AND1DOMAIN[/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

Thanks Lesman, as you suggested I posted in a new thread for this topic. :slight_smile:

Hm, although it is not including Asia but it checks from U.S. I’ll try to look at the services.

Thanks !

Jonathan

Yes, good job! Not only does it keep things neat, but you’ll get more responses with a good topic name plus the “helpful” people will read the new thread. Lots of people stop reading old threads that they’re pretty sure have devolved into a discussion they’re not interested in.

Do you think you’d be willing to pay for testing more often than 30 minutes? A lot of folks think that 30 minutes isn’t often enough and it might open the discussion to those people who better services that they pay for. On the other hand, since we’re probably talking shared hosting for a personal, hobby, or light business site, it might not make sense to talk about expensive monitoring on cheap hosting. :slight_smile:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I use http://uptime.openacs.org/ since years and it works well.

They check every 15min or so.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Hm… I think not. 30 minutes will be enough so far. :slight_smile:

The background for me look up for this kind of application has to do with my plan to host a growing community site. And I shall not be very often to monitor it every day. As the site’s webmaster so I need some 3rd party application but cheap enough to help me monitor the uptime. This will also help me to consider is DH worth or not worth enough to be my host in the future. But so far, I’m quite ok with DH. :wink:

Lensman, thanks again for quick & helpful responses !

[quote]I use http://uptime.openacs.org/ since years and it works well.

They check every 15min or so.[/quote]
Wow, what a simple and easy to use site.

Thanks moua !

Hm, as I said before in another post… a great community DH has. :slight_smile:

Jonathan