Good experience with customer service

Just a quick note to counteract some of the complaints I’m seeing here.

I posted a support ticket at about 5:20 PM asking about the status of my newly-registered account. I’d had a horrible week with my previous host and told DH in my ticket that I was very worried about the switch. The support team responded and activated my account at 6:10 PM. I’m very impressed. Especially after reading all of the complaints about DH customer support here. They almost stopped me from signing up with DH altogether.

Hope you like it here! Welcome. :slight_smile:

-Matttail

I can add mine too

I conected them over 10 times in one week, got reply in less than 10 hours (average 4 hours)

19 days 19 hours on ticket #982506. I’m glad someone is getting replies from them.

Heh, I submitted a ticket about the ticket taking over 20 days. It was responded to within fifty minutes. The irony was not lost.

19 days… is that really possible? I was used to replies done in 5 minutes, I hope I will not regret subscribing with dream host… already having troubles with sign-up, no answers about domain registration after a couple hours while they wrote “30 minutes” … :frowning:

jenna,

not to get into alot of things on that, but, it just may (SPECULATION) have been all the complaints by some of us that has spurred on the recent CS renewal…that and the 30% increase in staff :stuck_out_tongue: - jeff knows what im talking about :wink:

IAmAtMyWitsEnd

Hehehe… keep complaining, IAmAtMyWitsEnd! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
marsbar

They got around to doing something about it little over 20 days after the ticket got submitted. We’re now happily on a new server, and all the problems we had seem to have vanished. Sooooo if you get unlucky and get a bad server, don’t wait too long but ask them to move you to a better server.

just remember…they have a ranking system here on DH forum…some might just be posting duhs just to move up to the next rank…I think DH needs to remove the rankings! Some morons actually think we enthusiasts and or smarty pants might actually know what we are talking about…

NOT!! Just being a smarty arssss tonight.

<Hehehe… keep complaining, IAmAtMyWitsEnd! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
marsbar>

Just remember, you cant have heroes without villains :wink:

btw, I like “snickers” far more than “marsbars” :slight_smile:

IAmAtMyWitsEnd

okay, so let’s change it…I like kit kat bars!

How about Milky Way?

– Dan

omh 24 hours and account still not activated after payment, no replies to messages… I can’t believe it!!!

Jean-Michel Desrosiers AKA Jaz

It took a while 'till our account was activated. I’m thinking the people who handle the verification and activation part are in during business hours only. Give it 'till tomorrow.

oh well, I wonder how business sites deal with this?

what if someone had a portfolio to show to employers, that account took so much time to get activated, ticket responses over 24 hours, site transfer taking over 2 days… I guess they’d just take their money back and leave eh?

anyway …

Jean-Michel Desrosiers AKA Jaz

Business sites take momentum to get going anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

If someone had a portfolio to show employers, they probably already have a webhost and can tide over the transition period. There’s all kinds of delays in transition from one host to another anyway – not the least of which are the hassles with DNS – so they probably would have a contigency plan for these delays. I know we certainly did. It just doesn’t make business sense to rely on instant transfer with any host.

Dreamhost’s knowledgebase article is hogwash though, far as I can tell.

gone and dan,

if you guys were real geeks you would have suggested the new underground bar by hersheys…i think its called zone 5 or something :S

:wink:

IAmAtMyWitsEnd

<omh 24 hours and account still not activated after payment, no replies to messages… I can’t believe it!!!>

Jaz,

you havent done this much before have you? There are very few hosting options out there that offer instant account activation, be patient and this coming from a guy that doesn’t have any :wink:

IAmAtMyWitsEnd

<just remember…they have a ranking system here on DH forum…some might just be posting duhs just to move up to the next rank…I think DH needs to remove the rankings! Some morons actually think we enthusiasts and or smarty pants might actually know what we are talking about…>

what do you win for moving up in rank? :stuck_out_tongue: Whatever it is, ill bet its shiny :stuck_out_tongue:

IAmAtMyWitsEnd