Godaddy redirect to website hosted on DH

Hi
I’ve recently moved to DreamHost. We have our domains registered with Godaddy for the moment and I need to redirect from our old crappy Verizon account to the files I have FTPd to DH. What would I use on the Godaddy redirect page to do direct people to the files on DH? For example, on Verizon it was http://home1.gte.net/username/foldername/filename.html I feel like I’m making this harder then it should be but can’t seem to find the answer. Thanks for the help! ~Lisa

If I understand you correctly, you have the domains registered at GoDaddy, but wish to host the sites here at DreamHost?

If so, then you do not need to use a redirect. You simply need to add the domains to the DreamHost hosting system via the panel at Domains -> Manage Domains -> Add New Domain / Sub-Domain.

You then need to configure the name servers for the domains (using whatever configuration utility that GoDaddy provides) to point at the DreamHost name servers;

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

After doing this it will take up to 72 hours for the new DNS information to propagate across the Internet.

Mark

Web Hosting Reviews | DreamHost Promo Code

Thanks Mark for explaining, I didn’t think it was going to be that easy!