Godaddy Domain

I have a domain at Godaddy and want to switch my hosting from there to DH WITHOUT changing the namservers to dreamhosts.

I have changed the @ A record to point to my server’s IP address. Also, I created a mysql database in DH (mysql.domain.com) and pointed it the mysql database server (both are listed in my web panel). I cannot connect to my database and import my existing WP tables. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

> I have a domain at Godaddy and want to switch my hosting from there to DH WITHOUT changing the namservers to dreamhosts.

Why?

> I have changed the @ A record to point to my server’s IP address.

Have you tried typing that IP address into a browser? What happens when you do?

> Also, I created a mysql database in DH (mysql.domain.com). I cannot connect to my database…

The Internet doesn’t know mysql.domain.com lives at DH because the GD nameservers are saying it lives at GD.

> Any help would be appreciated.

1. Change the nameserver info to DreamHost’s. (Note you are not transferring registrar in this step).

2. You’ve likely set the domain as Fully Hosted here, so you’re already finished.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I figured it out.

I changed my @ and mysql A records to point to the IP listed in the “Non-editable DreamHost DNS records for DOMAIN:”.

That fixed the issue within minutes

Sweet. Keep in mind that when the domain’s IP changes you’ll need to re-edit.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost