Godaddy domain + dreamhost hosting + wordpress install = confusing for a newb

Howdy.

I registered a domain with godaddy.com, before signing up for hosting with dreamhost.

I’m trying to create a website using wordpress, and am having issues with the install. Is there anything I have to do through go daddy to make my domain available to dreamhost and wordpress?

I tried the 1-click install and it doesn’t seem to be working. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You have to go to GoDaddy and edit your domain registration to use the DreamHost name servers:

http://help.godaddy.com/article/664

What part of the 1-Click isn’t working? Did you use the Simple, or Custom option? (I strongly recommend Custom)

Thanks! I knew it would be something basic like this but in all of the tutorials I was coming across everyone assumed you hosted through the same registrar. I’ve followed your advice in my godaddy account and hopefully once it’s all processed I can continue on in my installation.

Hi
I’m having the same issue.
wel actually I did the whole wordpress install with the manual instalation
but i’m having trouble with my emails from godaddy
I have domain and emails setup at GoDaddy, and my hosting is at Dreamhost. But when I set up the dreamhost my emails at goDaddy stopped working. I changed the MX Record, but the emails still didn’t work.
I don’t know what to do because at the moment I can’t receive any emails or send.
The ones people have send me are nowhere to be found, I need help.
Can someone help me set up this thing correctly.
Please

Hello,
I have lost the login information for Leelamotors.com
We are trying to transfer the information in the sight and would like to gain access. I would be happy to verify any information you require as this is my sight but built by a friend. Please contact me asap so we can get the changes made.
Thank-you,
Robin Blench
760-484-8318

This is a customer discussion forum — please contact DreamHost Support at http://dreamhost.com/contact/ for help.