Gmail

I use Entourage as a mail client but I recently added gmail into my domain when accessing through mail.mydomain.com - I realized that I stopped getting email in Entourage. the error says:

so I removed gmail from the domain using the dh control panel and now I can’t get email at all

Does anyone know what might be wrong… or how I could get both methods working at the same time?

Thanks

Panel > Domains > Manage Domains

Select the domain in question, uncheck Gmail, click the Fully Host button.

Once DH is handling mail, head over to Google Aps and manually register for domain email.

You’ll need to setup forwarding for your email account if you want to receive your own mail at both DH and Gmail.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Thanks for your reply. I got up to the ‘Manage Domains’ part… I clicked ‘edit’, unchecked the gmail button and clicked ‘Change fully hosted settings now!’

but it had no affect?

ok my mailbox has reset itself to Squirrelmail again. (it took about an hour) but I don’t see the emails I recieved whilst gmail was hosting it. Have they gone forever?

sorry about this. I have the gmail account back with the old emails, but I can’t seem to simultaneously recieve email in gmail and entourage

You can use your regular email client to receive emails using the DreamHost mail server particulars. If you want a copy of them in your Gmail account as well, simply setup a forwarder in Panel.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

that’s a good solution, thanks