Gmail new address

I’ve been trying to make a second account under my gmail/axcidental.net and everytime I try yo make my professional account for my work, I go to gmail account settings and I try adding a new name and it sends the verification code to the account that’s not set up yet?

Any idea how to get around this?

Also…aren’t I the IT administrator of my site?

I’m not sure exactly what’s going on, BUT:

[quote]- If you set up Google Apps (so you could use Gmail) yourself, then yes, you’re the one who has the administrator’s privileges.

• You can only create new email accounts from the Gmail/Google Apps Admin panel.

• When you create a new Gmail account for your site, you’re allowed to preset the password and you can change what sort of access the account has. For example, I have two email accounts for my site that are Admin level.[/quote]

In lieu of all of this, here are a few things to check out:

[quote]- ARE you/CAN you logged/log into your Admin panel for Google Apps?

• If you aren’t, then you NEED to. Again, only Admin level people can add new accounts and stuff in Google Apps and for Gmail.

• If you’re not logged in as Admin and can’t remember your Admin account information and you’re the site owner and you know you set up Google Apps yourself, then you need to get in touch with the Support team from Google Apps to get you back in touch with your Admin account.

• Once you’re logged into Admin, you can create new user accounts and such and preset passwords.[/quote]

Hopefully some of this information helped; if you’re still stuck, post again and this time, detail exactly what you’re wanting to do, the steps you took, and what went ‘wrong’.

Good luck!