Gmail errors since Security Certificate updated

Hi,

I use gmail to manage my dreamhost email address. Everything has worked fine so far. Now, every time I send an email from my dreamhost address, I get a “TLS Negotiation failed, the certificate doesn’t match the host.” error.

Absolutely nothing has changed on my end as best I can tell, except my security certificate renewed. The same one I was using before, I believe. I do have a VPS and I have searched all over Dreamhost to see if I use a different SMTP than smtp.dreamhost.com with a VPS.

I have no idea what to do.

Just last week Google starting deploying a change in how they handle mail with the “send mail as” feature. They are now enforcing the domain name explicitly matches the name on the domain of the security certificate settings. Since your mail goes through DreamHost’s servers, you’ll have to update the “send mail as” settings in Gmail to use the DreamHost specific domain name of “smtp.dreamhost.com” as the SMTP server.

Log in to your Gmail account and go the Settings and then Accounts and Import section - https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/accounts

From there, click on the “edit info” link next to the email address you want to send from. Click the “Next Step »” button.

For the SMTP Server, fill in “smtp.dreamhost.com” (without the quotes) and check that port 465 is selected. Make sure to re-enter your email address and password.

Save your settings and then you should be all set.

I did that this morning and am still getting the same problem. Or will it take time for that change to take effect?

The answer to that appears to be YES. It took about 24 hours to propagate. No idea why!

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.