GMail Access

Sorry about the noobie question, but I’ve searched and been unable to find the answers:

I have recently signed up with DH with the domain name x.com accessed through my existing GMail account y@gmail.com. I am happy to use GMail for my new domain’s email, but any mail sent to an address of z@x.com is rejected by google with “The email account that you tried to reach does not exist”. Everything else seems setup, so I am surprised that this isn’t in place.

The link from the DH Web Panel Manage Email tab says x.com is using gmail, please click it to manage its email. That takes me to Google Mail asking me to enter the domain name, which I do only to be told it is in use!

If I go into the Custom MX / Gmail panel tab, under GMail it says “Create all the email accounts you want over at Google Apps for your Domain” and clicking that asks me to log in with a username@x.com and password!

I have not been provided with any gmail usernames/passwords and am very confused. Please help.

Paul.

check this out and let me know if this is what you’re having problems with: http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=118906&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&part=

Please be sure to read the very bottom of the last post on that thread. I hope that helps.

Regards,

Ryan

Regards,

Ryan

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The problem turned out to be that, although the Google App. account had been set-up, I didn’t have a password for it, so couldn’t configure it properly. So, I told the Google App. admin. people that “I cannot access my account” on the Google App Control Panel login page and they sent out a password reset and a seperate email reminding me to set up my administrator login, although how I could have done that prior to having a password is beyond me.

Anyway, everything is setup and working now and I’m grinning from ear-to-ear!

Thanks,

Paul.

Yay! I’m glad to hear that. Take care :slight_smile:

Regards,

Ryan