Not going to lie, Git is a mystery to me right now beyond conceptual use, but it would be nice to have a simple expedited/automated way to set it up like the SVN repos - could probably even use the same form - instead of the hoops in the Wiki for us more front-end folks.
Would you be more likely to use this for public repositories or private ones?
- private (Github has the public covered pretty well for the community...someday maybe)
Multiple contributors or just yourself?
- multiple contributors (but, at present, one would do)
Any interest in web repository viewers?
- not so important (though some basic management would be nice - repo name, install path, passwords, usernames, etc. similar to SVN setup/form)
Do you use graphical tools to work with Git, or just the command-line tool?
- currently use SVN because of the one-click install and management and use a GUI for interfacing...not really a command-line person (a.k.a., not a hardcore server admin.)
Would you be likely to using our Git support to deploy a site to DreamHost? If so, do you have any preferred tools or methods for doing that?
- Not at present (FTP is viable intermediary step), though would be pretty nice down the line (I've used Beanstalk and a couple other clients for this in the past)