Getting Wordpress.org to work after I used my domain with Wordpress.com

So I recently bought a domain name and started my own blog (mostlychristian.net), but I couldn’t find themes I liked that made it look good enough, so I decided to go the wordpress.org route. I bought a dreamhost account and tried to install wordpress.org with it. I clicked on “custom installation” and followed some instructions I found on Youtube that told me to place it in mostlychristian.net/blog. I did so, but clicking there just shows my blog saying that page doesn’t exist. Furthermore, I got an email telling me I could log in to “cloverleaf” to work on Wordpress, but this link never works.

Another helpful user explained to me that I need to move my DNS settings from wordpress to dreamhost, and that seems to have worked.

New problem: I’ve tried to install wordpress.org directly to the mostlychristian.net domain. It won’t work, and I got this email explaining:

"We were unable to set up wordpress as requested at:
http://www.mostlychristian.net/

"The problem was directory /home/blamil7/mostlychristian.net is not empty! Please re-install, specifying an empty (or new) directory.

“Please correct this and go to our web panel and re-submit your
wordpress installation request.”

So it seems my site I already set up on wordpress.com is in the way. I went to that dashboard and looked at deleting it, but it says it can’t delete my site because it’s how I get to my domain management options.

I would very much like to have people just go to mostlychristian.net and not .net/blog or anything in order to get to my site. Any pointers from here?

I just replied twice in your other thread.