Getting the most out of AWStats

apps

Hi.

I just installed AWStats and there are some things I want to do with it and I’m having a few problems, so…

1. DNS Lookup. It doesn’t work even when set to fully enabled. Is there any way of making it work? Is there a way to enable hostname lookups on Apache?

2. I got the GeoIP plugin to work without problems, but the GeoIPCity plugin doesn’t work. Is there any way of making it run?

3. The servers are @ GMT-8, I’m at GMT-5. Is there a way to correct the offset? What will happen once DST kicks in?

Thanks.

1. Try deleting already processed awstats’ data and recreate logs again

2. It’s written in config file: you have to buy city database for it work

I did the alternate install and that seemed to make the DNS lookup work for some reason. Anyways, it works.

Geocity is paid, but GeoLite City is free, and that’s what I’m trying to install.

This is what I get when I try uncommenting
#LoadPlugin=“geoip_city_maxmind GEOIP_STANDARD /home/MyUserName/MyWebsite/awstats/GeoLiteCity.dat”

Error: Plugin load for plugin ‘geoip_city_maxmind’ failed with return code: Error: Can’t locate Geo/IP.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . ./lib ./plugins) at (eval 4) line 1.