Getting Started

Okay, I logged on to manage my domains and there are all kinds of things to fill in.
Where can I go for clear instructions on:

1. setting up my domain for hosting (already registered on DH)?
  2. setting up email accounts for that domain?
  3. anything else I need to know for getting things set up?

I’m just finishing up the web site itself using xSitePro.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hopefully everything you need should be here. DH Wiki - Getting Started
Silk

My website

The basic things you may want to start are

1. upload files to your domain. You can open your web directory via DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> WebFTP. Remember to upload your files to “yourdomain.com” folder.

2. set up emails. I think you already got it. Just remind you that you can configure individual email via mailboxes.yourdomain.com

3. set up mysql. If you are using databasee, you may want to take a look at DH panel --> Goodies --> Manage MySQL. Be clear with MySQL server and MySQL database. One MySQL server can have multiple databases.

4. one-click installs. DH provides great addons. Check DH panel --> Goodies --> One-Click Installs. Just take a quick look, you will be surprise with those addons.

have fun. If you have any question, wiki is our friend.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Hint - don’t set up a database until you need to. If a one-click install needs a DB it will allow you to create it when you do the install.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.