Getting .DE domains to work on DreamHost

I been trying to get my .de domain to work on DreamHost but I am hitting a loop were DH support tells me to talk to GoDaddy, and GoDaddy tells me to talk to DH…

Basically it looks like .DE delegation entity finds DH Name Servers as inconsistent.

They have a website were you can check everything out

And I do see an error when I check with DH NS’s. The weird part is that DH supports say that when they check there is no error…

So basically I don’t know what else to do.

Any idea/tips/suggestions/anything that gets me out of the loop will be appreciated!

Hey there! I may be able to help you with this, but I’ll need to know what your .de domain is first :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi! Thanks a lot! I sent it to you via email!

Got it, thanks! Based on a WHOIS lookup, I see that your domain is set to GoDaddy’s nameservers, so I used those to check with The result was “Check Successful”.

There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with our nameservers and other registrars (US-based and International). We checked other .de domains; it seems those have been able to set our namservers up just fine. If the other registrar doesn’t want to set our nameservers for your domain, it’s unfortunately out of our control.

You could try setting just and only (instead of all 3), and see if that would help.

Hi Elle,

Thanks for your time again.

So, when you test my domain in that URL I sent you with DH name servers you are getting a “Check Successful”? This is really weird I keep getting errors,

Hello Elle, once again thanks for your time.

OK, this is reeeallly weird. I swear I made that test hundreds of times, even the people at GoDaddy did it and told me there was an error…but…I just did it and it went out OK! So I will try setting DH NS’s once more and see if its all good.

Thanks a lot. I will write back with the results!

Hello Elle,

Hope you are around still. So even after not getting an error from the website I went to GoDaddy and set the new Name Servers and couldn’t get it working. Now when I check if DreamHost name servers are consisten I still get the error. Here is what I am getting:

Severity Code Message / Parameters
Error 118 Inconsistent set of NS RRs (IP, NS host names)
Error 118 Inconsistent set of NS RRs (IP, NS host names)
Warning 110 Retry value out of range (expected, found)

Can you please double check? I am getting to the point were I really need to use the domain for working proposes and I am stuck with this which I can not solve.

Sorry for the delay here! I had one of our skilled dom. reg. techs take a look and double check this for you, and it looks like you’re going to have to check that with GoDaddy since they are maintaing the registration. Our name servers (ns1/ns2/ should be fine. The domain is still showing GoDaddy’s NS records. Since it’s with GoDaddy, they’ll have to fix that. If it were with us, we could check with Enom, but it’s not. :confused:

I hope that helps a bit!