Getting a 'This web page has a redirect loop' error after removing URL redirect?

Hello, I recently needed to redirect a URL to point to another website of mine, then yesterday when I no longer needed it I clicked on the ‘Deactivate Redirect’ button in the Manage Domains section of the panel to find that the entire domain had then been deactivated as opposed to just the redirect.

I assumed all I needed to do to fix it was to click on ‘Fully Host this Domain’ which restored everything to how it was previosuly before I redirected and guessed this was the matter resolved. However today when trying to access my website in multiple browsers and computers I keep getting errors such as:

Firefox:

[quote]The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.[/quote]

Chrome:

[quote]This web page has a redirect loop
The web page at [URL] has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.[/quote]

I have cleared data in all browsers and reset my computers DNS cache to no avail, the problem is persisting and I can’t see any problems in the settings for my domain, what’s going on?

Thank you!

Double triple check the Panel for redirection again, clearing it should it exist.

Choose to use either with WWW or without WWW for the domain - and check for a .htaccess file in the site root to see if it is redirecting www/non-www too.

Ah ha, it seems to have reverted to ‘redirect to WWW’ at some point, I didn’t notice that, thank you!