Garbage Email Not Working Right

wordpress

I created a garbage email account called no-reply. When a message goes out from no-reply and bounces back, it’s bouncing back to my-username @ starburst.dreamhost.com (my-username is a place holder as I don’t need more spam)

Why is my garbage email not bouncing back to my garbage email? That’s the point of it.

Thanks
Thomas

How are you sending the e-mail? and what is the return address for the e-mail?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I’m sending it though a Wordpress plugin called ‘Subscribe to Comments’ and the from email is no-reply@bloggerdesign.com which is my garbage email.

This leads me to suspect that your issue has more to do with the PHP mail() function used by the plug-in than the functioning of the garbage email address.

I have in the past run into a similar problem, where the PHP mail() function was supplying my DreamHost username and server as the ‘sender’ address, and replying to such emails resulted in them being sent to my default DreamHost email account. The thread below has a little more information on this.

http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=59285&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

If you have the ability to modify the plug-in, you might be able to track down where the mail() function is being used and add the required ‘-f’ flag, to force the sender (as detailed in the linked thread).

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

It all seems to be setup right in the plugin. The headers in the bounce back look correct. I’m not sure where X-Postfix-Sender is coming from though as that’s where the incorrect email is.

I seem to only have this issue on DreamHost and not any of my other hosts.