Gallery2: Where did "local server" upload tab go?

apps

Good afternoon.

I recently updated my Gallery2 installation on my Dreamhost account to version 2.2.1. When I next attempted to upload more photos, I found that the “local server” option is no longer available. This meant that even though I had already used FTP to upload the photos, I had to re-upload them in batches using the “from web browser” option. This inconvenience was compounded by the software’s apparent inability to upload more than three or four photos at once using this method (this also was not a problem before.)

Suggestions?

Thanks
-Mark

I know this doesn’t solve your specific problem with the local server option, but I use Gallery Remote to upload from home. I hear the Gallery Upload Applet does a great job too.

Hmm. I wonder what happened to the local server option? I’m curious and will have to investigate when I get home…

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I installed Gallery Remote (thanks for the tip). I activated the Remote v1.0.6 plugin on my gallery, and attempted to connect. Gallery Remote’s status bar indicates “fetching albums from ,” immediately followed by an error dialog announcing “HTTP Post Failed.”

Now I’m stuck. Any ideas how to get unstuck?

Thanks
-Mark

Which version did you download and install? I’m running the 1.5.x series and everything works fine for me…

I’m downloading from this page:
http://gallery.menalto.com/wiki/Gallery_Remote

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Ugh. Apparently “Gallery Remote” does not work with Gallery version 2.2.1:

http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:FAQ#Does_gallery_remote_work_with_G2.3F

-Mark

No, they updated Gallery Remote to work with Gallery 2.2.1. You just need the latest version!

You need version 1.0.9 or later of Gallery Remote.

Ah…it works now. Thanks!

-Mark

Cool! Glad everything seems to have worked out.

BTW, don’t forget to click on “Fetch pictures already on server” if you want to see what you’ve already uploaded to a particular album. For some reason, I always click on an album and think “Where did my pictures go?”.

The problem you were originally having (not having the “local server” option) is due to that functionality being moved to a plugin. You need to go into the Gallery Plugins section of Site Admin and install/activate the “Add Items” plugin. The “local server” tab should then appear.

Aha…there it is. Thanks!

Next time a feature disappears, I’ll check the “Get More Plugins” list a bit more carefully.

-Mark