Gallery2 problems

apps

I am having problems rebuilding my thumbnail with gallery2. When I click on “build all thumbnails/reszies”, it just outputs "processing image 525 of 10685, estimated time remaining: 2:54. Then, nothing happens.

Checking on the error.log shows something like

… sh: line 1: 11126 Killed ( “/usr/bin/jpegtran” “-verbose” “-copy” “all” “-crop” “2499x2499+418+0” “-outfile” “/home/baoha/gallery.baoha.net_g2data/tmp/jpgt_Ehm0or” “/home/baoh/gallery.baoha.net_g2data/albums/bao/vn2005/hoingo2005/P7031491_01.jpg” ) 2>"/home/baoha/gallery.baoha.net_g2data/tmp/g2dbgyrIfbF", referer: http://gallery.baoha.net/main.php?g2_view=core.SiteAdming2_subView=core.AdminMaintenance

It looks like it was killed by some sort of monitoring programs.

Any suggestions?
Bao

GD conversion is probably being killed due to memory issues.

Suggestions, hrmm…

• You could try doing a ‘Build’ one album at a time.

• Can you use ImageMagick for the job instead? (path is usr/bin).

• Temporarily remove P7031491_01.jpg and try it.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Yes, it is a memory issue.

I tried to build one album at a time. Even that only works when I bump up the memory to 240M. Above it does not do anything, probably a system limit. Try the wholesale thing is still a no-go!

I play around with gd, netbpm, and imagemagick. All have the same problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

If you have the files backed up at home you might be able to install a locally mirrored copy of your domain using Xampp or similar and do the thumbnail rebuild on your own PC with no memory limitations.

Then just upload the thumbs when it’s done.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

It works now. I think the server was heavily under load the other day. I just rebuild the whole thumbnail this morning. It takes a while but it was completed with no error.

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions.