Gallery with FastCGI

apps

Has anyone here successfully gotten Gallery to run as FastCGI? Does this help the app to run at a decent speed?

As far as I can tell, it should run under FastCGI; will it do this as-is, or is there something I should do in either the Gallery config or .htaccess? I haven’t had much luck finding official info on the subject. PHP is running as CGI in the Gallery directory and I’ve enabled FastCGI for the domain. Anything else I need?

Also, is there a way to check whether the FastCGI tickbox has taken effect yet? In phpinfo() output, will the Server API change from CGI to FastCGI or similar?

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

FastCGI actually requires changes to the php scripts in order for them to run under FastCGI. Gallery currently doesn’t use them from what I see.

You have two options:
1.) Lookup something that does:

or
2.) Upgrade to gallery 2.1, login as admin, and peer around the ‘performance’ settings that you can change.

btf

[color=#CC0000]Get $80 off[/color] with promo code BF80
See here what else you get!

It looks like Gallery can benefit from being run under FastCGI (based on this), and at this point I don’t think anything special needs to be done in order to run it this way.

So that’s a start. I’m still left with my DH config to figure out, with regard to my above questions about .htaccess/FastCGI settings and such.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.