Gallery - problem uploading

apps

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help a newb with a Gallery problem!

I’ve gone through the one-click install and all seems fine and dandy. The problem is that I don’t seem to be able to upload large files.

I’ve uploaded a test image of 46kb no prbs, but i want to upload larger images (around 9,000kb!). Everytime i try the site thinks about it and then just spits me back to the front page having uploaded nothing.

I’ve had a look through the wiki and I can’t find any answers - there’s talk of altering php.ini, but that seems to be when you’re dealing with overly large albums.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, large files are a problem. I don’t have a direct fix, but what I do is upload the files via FTP to a temporary directory on the server and then use the Add Items From Local Server option.

Alec Usticke
alec@usticke.org
www.usticke.org
DreamHost referral

dude, i love you! that works a dream.

i was supposed to upload my wedding photos ages ago and the wife has been asking where they are!!

You’ve hit the 7 Meg upload limit.

I don’t know why the wiki article is so short now, but here’s an older version. Go with the small PHP5 update mod.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php?title=PHP.ini&diff=20221&oldid=20220

-Scott

Hi,

I’ve been having the same problem uploading many large photos. I was hoping to use the “import from local server” option as well, but I don’t know what “path” to type into gallery.

I’ve uploaded my photos to ‘/incoming’ (there’s a folder called “incoming” in my FTP root), but Gallery doesn’t recognize it.

Does anyone know what path I type into the box to access that folder from within gallery? How do I tell gallery how to get to my FTP root?

It’d be /home/aeblank/incoming, or whatever your FTP username is.

And there’s no guarantee that “import from local server” will work since it’s still using PHP to grab the file, but let us know.

-Scott