Gallery install: where are ImageMagick binariies?

apps

Hi Folks,

I’m doing a clean install of Gallery2 on Dreamhost and I’m doing some final configuring.

The default ImageMagick on Dreamhost is version 6.0.6, and I’d like to use a newer version. I installed ImageMagick 6.2.8 following these steps:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/KB_/Web_Programming/Do_you_support…?/_ImageMagick

Everything went fine, but now I can’t find the directory that contains the binaries. I need to specify the correct directory under Modules/ImageMagick Settings.

If I specify /usr/bin, that seems to point to the default Dreamhost installation of Imagemagick 6.0.6.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

If you FTP to your account and look for the imagemagick utility files that way you should find them. If you installed as per the wiki then your home path would have been prefixed to the folder paths created. So you may find your files skulking under /home/username/bin/ … or you may not :slight_smile: .

The new folders are all created starting from your $home folder so you will find:-
bin
include
lib
man
perl

Whether it all works or not is a different matter. :slight_smile:

If you use an SSH client with a logging facility it sometimes helps to log your screen output so you can see where ‘make install’ is plonking your bits!

Norm

Opinions are my own views and not the views of DreamHost. :open_mouth:
Any advice offered by me should be acted upon at your own risk.