Gallery 2.2 multisite install

apps

Hi,

Can I use the one-click install of Gallery2 as the codebase for a multisite setup?

Or I’d be better off installing the tarball from the official site?

TIA

[color=#0000CC]Mariano Absatz[/color] - “[color=#6600CC]el baby[/color]”

[color=#00CC00]Message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons[/color]

It seems to me that the multisite version uses a regular gallery2 installation as its codebase.

I don’t personally see any problem with using a one-click install and upgrade stuff for the codebase, but I have not personally done this.

Just make sure that you do the one-click install into a private or semi-private installation that is NOT one of the domains or subdomains that is going to hold one of your real gallery sites. You will have to access this site in order to administer your multisite and you will probably not want anyone else to access it, though someone running the installer will have to authenticate.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Well, I think this is not so… this can’t be completely hidden, since common files (themes, css, images, etc) for all the sites will be taken from below the URL of the codebase site… The setup interface will be password protected, but I think you can’t hide this much more than that…

Good catch, I just read the following:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Yeah… I think, just in case, I’ll download the tarball and install as per the instructions on their site… It won’t be the first nor the last package I install on my own… it only tempted me the fact that there was a one-click for a package I wanted to use.

Regards.