FXP / FTP between two servers?

Has anybody been able to do this? I keep trying to transfer my files from my previous host but I’m not able to get them to store on DH. I’ve tried it on CoreFTP and SmartFTP.

Are we able to do this here or am I wasting my time trying?

Anybody have any FXP experience? Any mods wanna shed some light?

Appreciate the responses.

Paul

Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go. - Oscar Wilde
www.shunklish.com

I know people have been able to do this before. You might try searching the forum - I’m pretty sure FXP will bring up results.

Have you enabeled shell access for the user you’re connecting with? I think you need that for FXP… check in the Panel > Users > Manage Users > edit the user in question and place a tick for allow shell access. Then save. It may take a few hours for this change to take effect.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Thanks mate. I’ll give it a try when I get home.

www.shunklish.com

I have used FXP successfully with the FlashFXP FTP client, but I’ve run into a couple of (non DreamHost) servers that don’t seem to support it.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I still can’t get it to work :(. I changed to shell access and i’ve used CoreFTP and SmartFTP. I’m trying to transfer files between my current DH account and my previous PowWeb account which is still active. Has anybody FXP’d between these two hosts? I’m thinking now that PowWeb is where the block is.

www.shunklish.com

no luck at all