Fully Hosted vs. Wordpress

wordpress

Did a one click install of Wordpress on one site that was fully hosted - no problems. Wanted to install on another site, panel says no site is fully hosted. Says I must change settings then install. SO I do that. Now how I am supposed to get files in there with no FTP.
Newbie and confused. How can one site be one way and another can’t do the same thing.
Thanks for any help.

Sorry I’m new here too and can’t figure out how to create a new thread. I have no idea what the answer to your question is, but I do have on of my own lol. Does my domain need to be registered AND hosted in order to begin construction of my forum? Also, as far as the billing for hosting goes, if I selected the yearly plan, am I billed immediately for the amount owed? It says yearly, but then it also says $9.95 /month, so my question is do i owe $120 up front or do i start with $9.95 at first and pay it off monthly, renewed every year? I’m just very confused.

@ The Desert Fox

You can start a new thread by entering the forum you want to post in then hitting the [color=#0000CC]Post[/color] button somewhere up on the top right.

1. You’ll need to have the domain registered and have a web hosting account.

2. I believe you can choose to sign-up for only a month, in which case you would only pay the initial $10 something. When paying full a year or 2 year period in advance, you get even more of a discount. And we all love discounts :slight_smile:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

@ ymmas

If you’ve set the site to Fully Hosted, check which user has access, make sure they have (at least) FTP access enabled, and log in using their credentials.

Are you sure you chose the Advanced One-Click option on the second site?

on the fully hosted and wordpress installed site I have ftp access.
the site where the panel made me choose between full or one click has no access.
I did not use the advanced option. Clearly I don’t know what I’m doing :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s a bit tricky.

If we choose the “Easy” One-Click method, we don’t actually have access to any files. They’re maintained by DreamHost on a different server so we never have to bother with updating core stuff.

With the “Advanced” method the files are stored in our own user-space on our server, and as such we have file-level access to everything (which is necessary if you want to install diferent themes, plug-ins, etc.)

yikes ok, maybe I’ll try it that way.
wish me luck!