Fully Host?

My question is.

I have a few .coms with godaddy.com I would like to host the webpage @ dreamhost and point the dns from godaddy.com to dreamhost.

My question is, when I submit mydomain.com to fully host is that going to request the Registration to change from godaddy.com to dreamhost.com

or

How can I host files on my dreamhost and point the mydomain.com to them?

Thank you,

Dusty

No, adding the domain as ‘fully hosted’ will not request a domain registration transfer, it will simply create a web-directory inside your users home-directory for the domain and configure Apache to handle requests for the domain.

Firstly, configure the name servers for your domain at your registrar (GoDaddy) to point to the DreamHost name servers…

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

If your registrar only allows you to enter two name servers, simply use the first two.

Once this has been done, you need to add the domain to the DreamHost hosting system as ‘Fully Hosted’, I think you already know where to find this in the panel. :wink: This will create a web-directory for the domain in your home-directory. It is this web-directory that you need to upload your site files to.

It can take up to 72 hours for the new DNS information to propagate across the Internet, but once this propagation has completed you should be able to access your domain via a browser.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Thank you so much for the fast reply!!!

You are welcome, I am glad to help. :slight_smile:

Be sure to post back if you run into any problems.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

By the way, you can reverse that order as well. You don’t have to setup your DNS at GoDaddy before you setup the hosting here at DreamHost. In fact, if you have your domains hosted already, I would set up the hosting locally and use a dreamhosters subdomain for testing it all before repointing the DNS at GoDaddy.

find/offer services free
http://www.TheHelpfulNeighbor.com
Codes:THNMax ($97) THNMaxHDD (+100%) THNMaxBW (+100% txfr) THNMaxDomains (5 free) THNBalance (20% HD&BW, 1 Domain+IP +$16)