Full Path

Hi there,

I can’t find full path to my file, please help
Ex.
/dh/cgi-system/php5.cgi /home/youruser/yourdomain.com/path-to-php5-script.php

where I can find Full Path to my php file. (/home/youruser/yourdomain.com/)

,Thanks

I’m sorry, but I’m having a hard time figuring out what you are asking, but maybe I’m just slow-witted this morning. :wink:

The “full path” is really nothing more than a completely (unambiguously) described location of your file. For instance, if you have a file located in the “yourdomain.tld” directory named “myfile.php”, then it’s full path on DreamHost would be:

/home/yourusername/yourdomain.tld/myfile.php

How you “enter” that (in quotes, without quotes, etc) depends on where you are entering it and what you are trying to do.

What are you actually trying to do? From your post, it looks as though you might be trying to create a cron job or trying to configure an application, but I can’t tell.

Generally when an instruction talks about a “full path”, or a confuration file needs a “full path” indicated, it helps to understand the context in which the question is asked.

If you can provide a little more info, I’m sure someone here can help you - they may just not have answered because they are confused by your post (as I am :wink: ).

To get better answers to your questions, you might find it helpful to look at “How To Ask Questions The Smart Way”.

–rlparker

Sorry, for my bad english and bad question…

Here what I want to do

• I need to run a crontab as well so I go to menu corntab, at command field I don’t know where is my full path to my php file

(I got this from script that show path of file
/home/.wycca/xxx/www.xxx.com/test.php
On “xxx” for sure I can tell where is it, but “.wycca” how do I know?)

so How do I find this in some admin panel menu

Thanks…

[quote]Here what I want to do

• I need to run a crontab as well so I go to menu corntab, at command field I don’t know where is my full path to my php file …(I got this from script that show path of file

/home/.wycca/xxx/www.xxx.com/test.php
On “xxx” for sure I can tell where is it, but “.wycca” how do I know?)[/quote]
I think I understand now what is confusing you.

That “.wycca” is what is called a “dataglob”, and you should not use it as part of the path to your file.

This is because it is subject to change by DreamHost, and if you code it into your script/crontab and it should change, then your script/crontab will break.

It is not needed (as explained in the link above). So, given your example above, the “full path” top your .test.php file would be:

/home//xxx/www.xxx.com/test.php

if your actually have a directory named www.xxx.com. Note that this is a directory name on your server, not just the url to your site; - make sure you do not include the “www.” unless there is actually a directory on your server with that name (mine are just named “xxx.com”, with no “www”).

–rlparker

Thank you rlparker

I get it now!!!

You are welcome, and I’m glad you now have figured it out (in spite of my typos in my last response). :wink:

–rlparker