Fugu FTP no'fhtagn

My FTP client of choice for a while has been Fugu, as it’s free and (usually) easy to use and has a pufferfish for an icon! I really like pufferfish. But for some reason I can’t seem to get it to connect to dreamhost – I put in the server name given in the FTP email as well as my user name, and then it will tell me “No address associated with nodename”. Actually, this may be partly because I’m trying to connect on my laptop from school right now; othertimes I can at least get to a password prompt, then things die.

My other server works fine.

I can use the web interface, I know, just wondering if anyone was familiar with a problem with Fugu. It’d be nice to keep using my regular FTP program, after all.

Let’s team up!

Erk, okay, I tried searching for “fugu” before posting and didn’t come up with anything… because I didn’t adjust my data range bar to more than a week XP I now see that transmit is the way to go.

… I shall miss you, pufferfish.

Let’s team up!

Fugu will work fine, but because it’s an SFTP client, not an FTP client, you’ll need to give your Dreamhost account shell access, which can be done via the control panel.

The first error you mention is a DNS error and is not related.

Ai! Ai!

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Let’s team up!