Ftp

How long does it take before you can log in to the ftp server after you register?

I keep getting

“ftp_login(): Login incorrect. in /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 56” and

"The error occured in file /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 59.

• function ftp_openconnection (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/modules/browse/browse.inc.php on line 214)
  • function net2ftp_module_printbody (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/main.inc.php on line 288)
  • function net2ftp (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/index.php on line 54)
    argument 0: printBody"

The time varies. It may also be that the Dreamhost webftp client (net2ftp) may be relying on DNS - in which case you will have to wait for DNS to propagate (I’m not usre how their net2ftp locates the directory :wink: ).

You might try logging into your server (you can find the name of your server on the “user” panel of the Control Panel) with your username/pass, or your actual domain (which will tell you if DNS has propagated) with a traditional ftp client.

Even if DNS has not yet propagated, you can reach your space by logging into the server that way.

–rlparker

I’m having the same problem as well. I just registered everything this morning about 3 hours ago and so far I can’t log into my FTP - neither my domain nor the server works and I’ve trying net2ftp and WS_FTP.

Could this have something to do with the switch error they reported?

LCDXX,

I suppose it could be related to the switch issue, depending upon which server your account was setup on. It could also be that things are just “backed up” - I suggest giving it a little more time, especially since the support queue is presently so long.

I know it is hard to wait when you want to “git 'er done!”, but sometimes it just takes longer for things to get put in place. :wink:

–rlparker

rlparker–

Thanks for the reassureance… I’ll just step away and let things happen for a bit before I try to get my hands dirty. But you are right, it’s so hard not to dive-in and start going nuts!