FTP Users with subdomains

Hello, I posted this in the beginners forum and no one said boo, so now here i am =)

I would like to set up my site so that I have access to all folders on the server, which i do.

I would also like to add about 4-5 subdomains, with 4-5 additional FTP users that can only access each of their own subdomains. And limit the amount of space each of the subdomains may use.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you.

[quote]I would like to set up my site so that I have access to all folders on the server, which i do.

I would also like to add about 4-5 subdomains, with 4-5 additional FTP users that can only access each of their own subdomains. And limit the amount of space each of the subdomains may use.[/quote]
This is only partially possible, as far as I am aware. There is no problem creating subdomains, and each subdomain can have a unique user, but I believe there is no way to have yourself as a “superuser” with access to everything.

Each user can manage one or more domains/subdomains, but each domain/subdomain can only be owned by a single user. Of course, if you are issuing the username and password combinations, you can simply log in with those.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

thank you for responding!

okay well how do i do the ladder then :smiley:

i just want to be able to get rid of anything i don’t want hosted on my server with the “super” user thing.

cause i made another user. and i made a subdomain.

how i get that user to log into that subdomain, i’m lost.

That user is now an FTP account. They can FTP to subdomain.domain.com and that’s it. They’ll be in their home directory which contains the “subdomain.domain.com” directory for their subdomain.

Was there more you wanted them to be able to do?

-Scott

neverming i got it.

wow i feel stupid.