FTP User directories?

Hello, I currently own http://northernconflict.net and use dreamhost for hosting.

I have a friend that wishes to set up a website to see how it works, I set him up with 750MB of space (out of my 400+ GBs) to do whatever he wishes, though when I set up his user account, uploaded files do not go to his directory. So I have two questions:

1. Where do the files he uploads go?

2. How can I set him to upload to the northernconflict.net/markjacob/ section of the site? I used to be able to set ftp accounts a specific section of which they can upload to with my old hosting company, but I don’t know how to do that with the cpanel that DH uses.

Thanks,

Jay Stone

There are a couple of ways of doing this, but I think the easiest is to set him up with a subdomain like markjacob.northernconflict.net. When you set it up specify him as the ftp user / CGI runs-as user.

The new subdomain will be set up in his user directory instead of yours and thus ftp’s will go to the “right place”.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options