FTP Upload Publish site

Please pity the world’s biggest noob!

Clearly I’ve no business dabbling in this, but I am stuck with seeing this project through. I finally got a website created, using CoffeCup Visual Site Designer (5.9.4), and now I’m trying - and failing spectacularly - to upload and publish the site. The email I got from Dreamhost says:

"When you have your software and are ready to connect, you will need to
provide it with a few settings: your username, password, and where you
want it to connect to.

Username: cine1
Password: *******
FTP Server: nightwing.dreamhost.com

The CoffeeCup upload/publish dialog box is thusly:

FTP server:
Username:
Password:
WWW folder:

I tried no less than 50 combinations in those boxes (examples below), all to no avail. (The only message I get is a CC dialog box that says “error uploading” - no details). The CC people say I must be putting something wrong in the boxes, which I don’t doubt. I’ve searched the forums & wiki (I’ve read this one 6 times: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Uploading_your_site), but nothing has worked. Can anyone help?

FTP server: nightwing.dreamhost.com
Username: myusername
Password: mypassword
WWW folder: lastwavecinema.org

FTP server: lastwavecinema.org
WWW folder: index

FTP server: ftp.lastwavecinema.org
WWW folder: /index

WWW folder: /lastwavecinema.org/

That’s quite impressive. One of your 50 should have worked. It should be something like this:

Username: cine1
Password: YOURPASSWORD
WWW folder: lastwavecinema.org

As a test, download Filezilla (or use your own FTP client) and try the FTP server, username, and password, and verify that the lastwavecinema.org folder is there.

-Scott

I would think your first example contains the necessary data for transfer. It may require a forward slash styled landing place /lastwavecinema.org so that might be worth a shot.

The error given by CoffeCup is vague. Try connecting using a standalone FTP client (WinSCP is free) just to make sure your PC is actually making a solid connection to your server and while there recheck the foldername that will hold your site files (that’ll be the WWW folder in CoffeeCup).

—Edit

My apologies for basically reposting what Scott said above, I went off to make a coffee after loading the thread, came back and hit reply without first refreshing to check if anyone had already handled the matter :s

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost