Ftp transfer

design

i just got an ftp program so that i can creat my website. as you can see if you go to www.coleism.com, there is nuthing there. that is because i cant figure out how to transfer what i make on adobe golive cs into an actual website. through my ftp program i put my saved web page in my website folder, but i dont know what to do there. can anyone help me?

You should be transferring your files into a folder called “coleism.com”.

MacManX.com

i did that. it is in that file. but it doesnt show up.

If you want the page to show up when you go to www.coleism.com, you’ll need to name the file index.html. Otherwise, if the file is a different name, the way to see it is to go to www.coleism.com/filename.html.

omg! it worked. thank you so much!

Lol, I suggest you learn a thing or two about websites prior to purchasing a domain name and hosting.

[quote]Lol, I suggest you learn a thing or two about websites prior
to purchasing a domain name and hosting.

[/quote]

Rudeness of this type will not be accepted on these forums. Everyone was a beginner at some point (myself included), and insulting someone is unlikely to encourage them to learn new skills.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

Heh, it was a suggestion, no rudeness intended; my apologies.
I was just thinking, I would have never dreamt of purchasing a domain when I was at such level of knowledge; he’s just jumping right into the deep end without floaties…

Jumping in head first is the best part. I would have never learned php (I ‘previously’ thought ASP.net was da bomb.) Learning hands on is the best way and the people in here, like you Logic, help us mere mortals understand. Without all of you, most of us would be lost. So, I am here to say thanks. And, CMAN, whenever you have a question, feel free to ask. I am a newbie too. If you can’t get the answer here, try Support, or google.

Good Luck
Babs