FTP Server Info

Just curious, what type of FTP server does Dreamhost use? vsftpd?

Thanks

ProFTPD 1.3.1rc2 Server
Why ?

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Thanks for the info. I’m asking because I am unable to upload/install Joomla templates on my other server but I can on Dreamhost…just trying to get as much info and weed out any potential causes for this.

My server is running version 1.3.0rc2, but I suppose that’s not likely to materially affect your ability to solve your problem… :slight_smile:

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Just curious… How to check the FTP version running on a server?

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Just note the message displayed when you connect . The name and version number of the FTP software is displayed there. :wink:

If you can’t see it in your GUI client, you can always use command line FTP to more easily see the connect response message.

–rlparker

Thank you rlparker!

There are a lot more for me to learn here :stuck_out_tongue:

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here