FTP problems

Hi all,
I’m having a problem with uploading a site using ftp.
It uploads most of the files then gives an error 552.
Then i cant even upload the files one at a time.
Help!
Thanks
Bob

Cancel request.I’ve sorted it.My account user (me) only had a 50mb quota!!

On my list, error 552 is shown as ‘Requested file action aborted, storage allocation exceeded’. Do you have any storage quota set for the domain?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thanks for the reply Raz2133.
It was my allocation (I only gave myself 50Mb) :slight_smile:

[quote]Thanks for the reply Raz2133.
It was my allocation (I only gave myself 50Mb) :)[/quote]
No problem, I am glad you worked things out.

I have done similar things myself in the past, it usually results in much frustration, until I go back over my domain configuration and the penny drops :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Still got problems I’m afraid
I have set my username to 1000MB about 2or 3 hours ago but it still wont let me upload more than 50mb.There is a little icon next to my username that says “change pending”.
Any ideas?
Thankyou

that little icon is telling you that the change has not yet taken place…you just have to wait. I have found that sometimes those kinds of changes can happen in 10-20 minutes, but often they will take much longer - I had it take a whole day for the change to be in effect.

When the “clock” icon goes away, you should be sorted. BTW, when checking for the presence of the “clock” icon - make sure you are not doing that by “refreshing the page”, and allowing a “repost” to occur - if you do that, you are just sumbitting continuous changes (even if you did actually “change” anything), and you’ll be waiting, and waiting, and waiting… :wink:

Check the icon by just clicking the “Manage Domains” link.

–rlparker

Thanks for the heads up.
Looks like I’ll have to wait.

Well the little icon has dissapeared and I can still only upload 50Mb.
This is driving me crazy.
I have Restrict disk usage to 20000MB (my whole allocation.)
Any ideas please.
Is there anyway I can upload my 300mb site in zip format and unzip it on the sever?
Desperate
Bob

Yes, give yourself shell access and upload the site. Then, use the unzip command to unzip the site. Just be sure when you zip you save the directory structure.