FTP problem

I just register my space here. but I can’t log in my ftp server, I definitely input the right user name and passwork and i have tried to create other users to log in, also failed to log in.
my account is “jackyzuo”, please do me a favor, thanks.

below is the error page info when click “Login now” at “Manage user” page:

Warning: ftp_login(): Login incorrect. in /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 56
An error has occured:
Unable to login to FTP server apu.dreamhost.com with username jackyzuo.

Are you sure your username and password are correct? Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

Go back or Go to the login page

Technical information for developers:

The error occured in file /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 59.

function ftp_openconnection (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/modules/browse/browse.inc.php on line 214)
function net2ftp_module_printbody (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/main.inc.php on line 288)
function net2ftp (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/index.php on line 54)
argument 0: printBody

error message when using cuteftp to login:

220 ProFTPD 1.3.0rc2 Server (DreamHost FTP) []
COMMAND:> USER jackyzuo
331 Password required for jackyzuo.
530 Login incorrect.
ERROR:> Not logged in.
ERROR:> Can’t login. Disconnecting…

It looks like we were both posting at the same time :wink: … I suggest you try logging in with a different ftp client.

Have you had this user/account set up for long? (there are no “clock” icons on the manage domain or manage user pages?)

i also try to log in with command line, also failed. i will try other clients right now, have you resolved the problem?

btw. no “clock” icons now on the pages

Again, I cannot “resolve your problem” if something is broken. I do not work for Dreamhost, or have access to your account. I’m just trying to help you determine if you are having a problem that requires DH support, or just need help finding your way around DH.

If you want DH support to look into this for you, you must contact them from the Control Panel, as I suggested in my first reply to your post.

It’s kind of you to give some suggestions.
I have sent out the problem in the control panel few hours before and I just tried to use FileZilla to access the ftp server, got same error message.

I just wanna figure out the problem before DH support’s reply, you know now is 4 o’clock in US.

Thanks much for your help~:)

I understand! It sounds like you have tried all the things I would try, so probably will have to wait to hear back from support. Good Luck!