FTP passwords

Hi,

I own a domain name and have hired someone who’s going to be adding to my existing website. I need to know how to give them access to the necessary FTP, without giving them access to all my info (I run two websites off dreamhost). I’ve tried reading up on this, and tried adding passwords etc to different parts of dreamhost but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

sincerely,

the loaf.

Easiest way is to change the Domain User password to something else and supply them with the username and temporary password, then change it back after they’ve finished the work.

Note that “Domain User” isn’t your main Panel User. If they require a database to be created you can either do that part yourself, or setup a limited Panel User for them that has access to the domain they’re working on and the ability to create databases.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

It seems you want to share your hosting with somebody else. This may help
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/KB_/Account_Control_Panel/Billing::_Account_Privileges

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here