FTP Movable Type

apps

#1

For some reason I am having issues uploading the current version of MT(v3.2) to my website. I’ve tried uploading the folders with FTP Pro, I’ve tried using Dreamweaver, I’ve tried uploading the .zip file, I’ve tried uploading in auto mode, ascii mode, and binary mode, and all those methods create an error.

I’ve tried creating the folders first and uploading files one at a time and still there is an error.

This is driving me nuts! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jason


#2

… all those methods create an error.

… and still there is an error.

I’m betting that the error messages you keep getting tell you what the problem is. We can guess at the solution all day long, but you’ll probalby get more useful help if you include these little details in your request.


If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.


#3

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do, but I followed these instructions and was able to successfully install MT 3.2 on my site:

http://www.wombatnation.com/misc/installMTDreamHost.html


#4

I think it might be a general ftp problem, I was not able to transfer other files as well, and sporadically a few files would get through. Any ideas would be helpful. I also sent an email to tech support (with errors included:)

The following is the log from FTP Pro:

Starting request
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (205,196,218,14,222,5).
connecting data channel to 205.196.218.14:222,5(56837)
data channel connected to 205.196.218.14:222,5(56837)
STOR list-objects
550 list-objects: No such file or directory
Transfer request completed with status: Failed, 1 SubItem(s) failed
TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (205,196,218,14,161,0).
connecting data channel to 205.196.218.14:161,0(41216)
data channel connected to 205.196.218.14:161,0(41216)
LIST -al
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
transferred 537 bytes in < 0.001 seconds, 4195.313 Kbps ( 524.414
Kbps), transfer succeeded.
226-Transfer complete.
226 Quotas off

In the transfer menu this is listed under status:

Failed, 1 SubItem(s) failed

thanks!