FTP login problems

I am sorta new here… Not really new but have been without a website for a long time…
My history is irrelevant here because things have changed drastically since I was here last…

Anyway… I have been trying for the last few weeks to Get an FTP program running…

I am using Ace FTP from about the time I was on here last and Cute FTP… I tried Filezilla but windows throws up virus warning…

Anyway I can not connect and can not see why… Any help would be great… Thanks…

FileZilla SFTP is highly recommended and works perfect with Dreamhost. Choose the version made for Windows

Whatever issues you may have with your copy Windows, you shouldn’t. Hopefully you are using Windows 10.

1 Like

I am using windows 10… I tried to download Filezilla but it would not let me install it because it kept telling me that there are adware and trojan files in the package…

I found an older version of Filezilla and got it working…

Thanks alot me…

Glad you found a workaround.

Just for the record… I have installed Filezilla SFTP on 2 of my own Windows 10 devices as well as a friend’s machine. Windows Defender has no issues allowing installation and there are certainly no trojans nor malware in Filezilla. In fact, it is recommended by DH.

You may be running a 3rd party virus program that is the cause of the issue. Another possible reason for the warnings may be if you’re attempting to download Filezilla from a 3rd party website, who may be bundling other things in the download.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.