FTP issues

Hi, I have a question about some ftp problems that I am having.

I’m using Dreamweaver CS3 as my ftp connection, but whenever I try connecting to my host, which is dvdgraduationinvitations.com, I get a message telling me that the I cannot connect to the host because the server is down or not receiving connections.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong and how to fix it? Thanks.

Can you FTP to your account using a regular FTP program?

If not, or you haven’t checked, look at your User settings to make sure they have FTP ability, whether it be FTP only, or Shell with FTP enabled.

-Scott

Okay, I checked several things in my user settings, and everything I’ve checked says that I have FTP enabled. I checked under my manage domain settings as well as my manage user settings. It says FTP in both places.

I had a thought though. Right now when someone puts in my website address it is redirected to another site. Do I need to disconnect the redirection?

Thanks.

Not only do you need to disconnect the redirection, you need to change your DNS settings over at GoDaddy to use ns1.dreamhost.com and ns2 and ns3.

Have you set up a Fully Hosted Domain here? Here’s an article that’ll help you get started with your transition:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/DNS_-_Viewing_site_before_DNS_change

-Scott

Thanks a lot for the help. I was finally able to connect to the server. Now I just have to get all my files up. Thanks again!