FTP deprecated

So it seems we’re not supposed to use FTP any more.

But the website maker software I use (fogcreek citydesk) can only do FTP.

So what I’m thinking of doing is this: whenever I upload something, I immediately afterwards change the password.

Should that be OK?

Rather than do that, how about trying to use a secure copy mode as suggested here.

[quote]Quote from the CityDesk page referenced above
CityDesk 2.0 has the ability to run any command line after publishing. So you can use scp/sftp/rdist or other upload tools that have a command line equivalent by setting up CityDesk to publish to a directory on your hard drive and then automatically launching the command line that invokes your upload tool to upload those files.

Click here for more details. [/quote]
Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I’ve also been thinking about getting SftpDrive, which will:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Hey, so DH support SFTP ?

Hm… will check on wiki :slight_smile:

Dino

Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

Yes, generally, as long as you have SSH access to a Linux server, you will be able to use an SFTP client. I think this is because almost everyone uses OpenSSH, which supports both SSH and SFTP out of the box.

Ah! Good idea. I never thought of that, thanks!

Anytime! Let me know how it works out and of any problems you have.