FTP Delays - OSX

Alright. This problem is driving me nuts.

Let me preface this by saying that this has only recently become a problem, and I’ve used FTP without issue for years now on Dreamhost.

Issue: Whenever I use a helper app to perform uploads to my ftp site, the process takes approximately a minute to complete the upload, regardless of the file size. It’s like there is some sort of authentication or name resolution delay or something. Namely the ‘Upload to FTP’ automator action and more recently, an app called ‘TinyGrab’ that also uploads images to an ftp server.

IF I use a full-fledged ftp application such as Transmit or Cyberduck or whatnot, it is very snappy and uploads are fast, as they should be, but when I use one of the previous mentioned methods, there is at least a 60 second delay before it finishes up. I do believe this problem started appearing around the same time that my server was moved from vine to belmopan. I have tried using belmopan.dreamhost.com I have also used (mydomain).com. Both have the delay.

Is there anything I could try or does anyone know why there is this delay using apps such as this? This happens at work, and at home, on three different systems. Any advice VERY appreciated.

I’m having the same issue too. Using Transmit (passive). Uploads take forever, as does deleting files.

Dallen, try using Transmit in SFTP mode. FTP is old and clunky.

-Scott

I get ‘Permission Denied’ when I use SFTP. Do I have to do something in the DH panel to get this to work?

[color=#00CC00]Panel > Users > Manage Users[/color]

• Click Edit next to the user in question

• Check the radio button labeled SFTP account

• Click [color=#0000CC]Save Changes[/color]

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost