FTP changed?

Right, so here is my issue. Normally when I use Dreamhost I go to Domains, then Manage Domains, then I click on the little FTP link and it opens up my windows explorer. From there I copy and paste my files to where I want them and they upload to the web site.

For some reason, this has all changed and now some new net2ftp opens up. This would not be so bad but it will not let me upload any files larger than 7MB to my website.

Can someone tell me how to change this back to the way it was, or how to upload larger files without shrinking them down?

I’m hoping someone who uses Windows knows the syntax, but it might be a matter of typing a URL something like ftp://www.yourdomain.com into IE.

I’m of the opinion that a dedicated FTP program, such as CuteFTP is a better way to go.

The reason there’s the 7MB limit is because net2ftp uses PHP, which has that 7MB limit.

-Scott

Looks like they changed that link to be their new web FTP app.

Do this:

1. Open up IE
  2. In the address bar, input ftp://user@yourdomain.com - where “user” is your login name that you use, and yourdomain.com is that of your domain.
  3. When prompted, enter your password.

snokarver, thanks soo much. Not having the ability to use the site as I knew how was really throwing me for a loop. Again, thanks.