FTP Authentication Failure

I am trying to log into my FTP account, however, with both of the accounts I created I am not able to log in. I tried using SFTP, but I keep getting the error:

Command: open "*************@www.treewood.us" 22 Command: Pass: *************** Error: Authentication failed. Error: Critical error Error: Could not connect to server

When I try just normal ftp with the other account I get the error:

Status: Resolving address of treewood.us Status: Connecting to 64.90.54.238:21... Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message... Response: 220 DreamHost FTP Server Command: USER ******** Response: 331 Password required for trvrmobi Command: PASS *********** Response: 530 Login incorrect. Error: Critical error Error: Could not connect to server

Edit: I have checked and re-checked the username and password, however, I still cannot login.

You say with both of the accounts you created, so does that mean that you added/created users in the panel?

If you mean just an account(s) you opened with Dreamhost, you have been sent an email with the user/pwd for FTP login, which is different from your panel login.

Please be more clear about how and what the problem exactly is.

Check your user settings in Manage Users and see what access you’ve set: FTP, Shell, SFTP, Disallow FTP