FTP and Editor?

when using an html editor, is the publishing address for my hosted site in this format?

ftp://ftp.mysite.com or is it ftp://ftp.myweb/mysite.com or neither of these

Which editor? C’mon, you can tell us - we’re all geeks here.

[quote]is the publishing address for my hosted site in this format?
ftp://ftp.mysite.com or is it ftp://ftp.myweb/mysite.com or neither of these[/quote]
It might (doubtfully) be the first one but it definitely isn’t the second one.
Also - is this mysterious HTML editor of the Microsoft FrontPage kinda persuasion? If not, chances are that it’s just “ftp.mysite.com” without any protocol prefix specified and in some other place there’s a input for which particular directory to “publish” to.

If it’s an MSFrontPage editor then it’s probably just the “www” address and FrontPage handles all the protocol (but it’s been years since I’ve worked with FP so that may not be reliable info).

if your domain name is www.domain.com, your ftp address will be something like ftp://www.domain.com

Did I mis-understand you?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

If he is publishing via html editor, then odds are he needs the location of where his files needs to be, to be visible on the web, not the root directory. I don’t think the html editors are smart enough to know that.
If this is true, then it would be ftp.domainname.com/domainname.com
Silk

My website