FTP Accounts / Sub-Domains

Ok,

Thanks for taken your time to help. Anyway I need to get myfriend ftp access to a folder on my site how do i do that. I also would like to make a name like football.hodsondesign.com how do i do that.

Hodson Design’s

Ftp access: Does she need write access or just read?

Subdomains: From “Manage Domains” in the control panel just “Add new Domain / Sub-Domain”.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

to bealble toupload files

Hodson Design’s

To upload files she needs write access.

Thanks

Best of Luck!

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

You can:

1. Create a directory in her home directory.
  2. Create a symbolic link to this directory from your website.

This will allow her full control over this directory and files will be visible on your website. You won’t be able to modify these files unless you log into her account.

Try it out and let me know how this works out!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

that well give them there on ftp account acssess

Hodson Design’s

how do you do this?

Create a symbolic link to this directory from your website.

Hodson Design’s

I still need some help please

Hodson Design’s

You do this with the “ln -s” command/option.

Let’s say you created your girlfriend’s account with userid hodsonsgirlfriend and created a subdirectory named “shared_ftp_for_hodsonsgirlfriend” in her home directory.

Log into your account using ssh and change to the area where you would like the folder to show up - say ./home/hodson/hodsondesign.com/uploads".

Type the following. Don’t forget the “.” at the end:

ln -s /home/hodsonsgirlfriend/shared_ftp_for_hodsonsgirlfriend .This creates a symbolic link to your girlfriend’s directory. The webserver should be able to read this directory. You will not be able to write to this directory. It’s like creating a “shortcut” to a folder in windows.