FTP account with bandwith limit

Hello,

I have developed a PC game and I was thinking if it would be possible to use one of the websites in my Dreamhost account as a game update “provider”.

This is how I have imagined it so far.

I create a FTP only account, with password.
The game logs in, downloads small updates once a week or something like that, between 20 KB and 1 MB, disconnects.

I would want to limit the download bandwith for each client to about 64 KB/s and restrict the number of games connecting to the FTP to a maximum number of 10 connections at a time, or less, so that I don’t abuse the server or use a lot of bandwith.

As far as I know, there’s no way to limit the bandwith for a certain account but I’m also not sure if all this is within the terms of use.

I’d rather not use http downloads for downloading updates because if the game becomes popular, i may exceed my bandwidth or stress the web server too much.

So my questions are would something like this be allowed, is it possible to restrict the bandwith and number of connections for a certain FTP user?

Thanks

I’m not aware of such a thing for FTP, but you do realize that you could put these limitations in place for HTTP downloads, right?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

I don’t know how to do it on Dreamhost or on any other hosting company for that matter.

If you could give me more information about this, I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you for replying.