FTP access

I want to access my account via ftp with my own ftp client but I can’t for the life of me find the ip or domain to use to create the profile.

In my cpanel, the machine is temple but there’s no information on what ip/domain to enter.

Help?

You should check out the wiki sometime, it will hep you find answers faster than waiting for a reply here.

Just use your domain as the host name. so just plug in ‘example.com’ you probably don’t even need to put ftp://example.com.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Kapow!

Well, that worked. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I did go to wiki but it told me to enter ftp://myuser@mydomain.com. That didn’t help me at all with my ftp client so I assume that’s for web access, which is what I was trying to get away from … external ftp client directions should be more specific.

Thanks though holmes.

You’re right. there’s no instructions there on connecting with a client. I’ll see about fixing that tomorrow.

–Matttail

Right on. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

I recall receiving an email from DreamHost just after my account was approved telling me my first FTP account had been activated and detailing the hostname, username and password required to log-in.

I am not sure if DreamHost still sends out these emails, but if they don’t, then they should :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I think they still do, and the information is hidden in the wiki somewhere, it just got lost in the transfer between the k-base and the wiki. I went to http://blog.dreamhosters.com/kbase and found the relevant articles, made a few changes and posted them to the ftp article in the wiki.

I still wish they would have done a better job converting the data, but I suppose that’s a dead horse at this point.

–Matttail

I think you are right about that. It is sometimes hard to find a particular KB article in the wiki, even if you know what you are looking for.

I guess so.

Given time, I think the wiki will mature and all the useful KB information will surface (or be reproduced), but like yourself, I can’t help thinking that the transition could have been handled a little better.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )