FTP access question

Hi,

Am I missing something? I can’t access my fully hosted site through WebFTP, FTP or my FTP client. I get this message at WebFTP:

An error has occured

Unable to connect to FTP server louisdurra.com on port 21.

Are you sure this is the address of the FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

Go back or Go to the login page

Hide technical details

The error occured in file /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 56.

function ftp_openconnection (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/modules/browse/browse.inc.php on line 234)
function net2ftp_module_printBody (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/main.inc.php on line 313)
function net2ftp (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/index.php on line 61)
    argument 0: printBody

Seems you solved it, the site is online. A bit orange, but as Dutch born …

No, I need to edit some css files in a wordpress sub-domain.

Did you try

ftp.louisdurra.com ?

It is very possible that your WordPress is installed as standard/easy install I think it is called. Anyway that is why you can not get FTP access of any kind.
If it was a custom install you would have had access by FTP.

As far a I know there is only 1 solution and that is do a full backup with e.g. XCloner and uninstall/delete this wordpress and then install it again as a custom install which will give you all the freedom to do what you want.

But maybe some else has an other idea. Search this forum, because I have come across many others with simular problems.

I had the same issue with mine today, only my entire domain and subdomains redirect to a nonexistent ad site, and when I try to access my FTP I got this message:

[quote]An error has occured
Unable to connect to FTP server viperinae.com on port 21.

Are you sure this is the address of the FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

Go back or Go to the login page

Hide technical details

The error occured in file /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 56.
function ftp_openconnection (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/modules/browse/browse.inc.php on line 234)
function net2ftp_module_printBody (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/main.inc.php on line 313)
function net2ftp (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/index.php on line 61)
argument 0: printBody
[/quote]

I need help, and I’m not sure if I was hacked or if WordPress just sucks that bad.

[quote=“Goddamazon, post:6, topic:55762”]
I need help, and I’m not sure if I was hacked or if WordPress just sucks that bad.[/quote]

You need to check your DNS registration and the name server settings. VIPERINAE.COM is not configured to use a DreamHost domain name server and the ones that are in use are not pointing to the IP address of a DreamHost web server .