Frontpage trouble

i have just signed up with you, and so far so bad.
i emailed you and you said i can publish via frontpage by using the ftp thing, so i did that and it published. but i went to my site (www.kitterflix.com) and there’s nothing there1 i have tried publishing many times, and its not working!
please help!!!

Hi brooke -

It looks like you probably uploaded your site to the wrong place. Make sure that it goes into the directory named after your domain name (‘kitterflix.com’), not the main directory of your account.

If you do that, it should come up immediately. :>

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

huh?
so how do i publish then? at the mo, i try to publish on ftp://kitterflix.com what am i meant to do? whats the right way?
Love Brooke x x x

Hi brooke -

I’m not sure exactly how Frontpage’s interface is set up, but the following URL may work better for you:

ftp://kitterflix.com/kitterflix.com/

…this would connect to the domain ‘kitterflix.com’, and place the contents you’re uploading into a directory called ‘kitterflix.com’ (which is where the files must go for them to be viewable).

• Jeff @ DreamHost

uh…ok, i’ll try that, thanks.
also, i have another problem to do with frontpage and publishing, hold on…i’ll post it in a sec.
love brooke x x x

mmn…i tried that, and it still hasn’t worked. my images and stuff still dont show…well, some do, but that was because another team member moved all my files.
please help, i dont know what to do!

Hi brooke -

Hrm. I’m not sure why that didn’t work. Unfortunately, I don’t know very much about Frontpage, and as far as I know nobody here uses it.

Basically, what you need to do is place all of the contents of the site into a directory named ‘kitterflix.com’ which is directly instead your account’s home directory.

There should be a setting in Frontpage that lets you specify in what directory (they may call it a “folder” or simply “location”) to upload everything.

You may need to look in the directions if it’s not apparent where that setting is.

I’m sorry if this doesn’t help, but hopefully it’ll be enough to get you up and running. :expressionless:

• Jeff @ DreamHost