I moved a site over from its previous host to Dreamhost almost two weeks ago. I had last updated the site using FP 2003 just a few hours before switching it over and everything worked fine as usual.
After I'd switched it to Dreamhost and the DNS switching had finished, I tried to get in via Front Page and got the following error message:
Documents in this folder are not available. The folder may have been moved or deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection to the server.
I thought this was odd, so I tried accessing the site on my other computer (FP 2004) and got the same error message.
The odd thing is that I was able to get into my site via FTP (Ipswitch) and upload all the site's content. So it's all there and online and operative, the issue is just getting into FP for easy access. I can edit things in FP straight off my hard drive and then upload them via Ipswitch FTP but that's an extra step and it's silly.
Dreamhost suggested I uninstall FP and reinstall it, so I did. No luck. Dreamhost pointed out a page in the Microsoft Knowledge Base about that error message saying it happens when users connect through a proxy server - but I'm not connecting through a proxy server. It's two weeks on and I still can't even open my site in Front Page, I just get that same error message.
I haven't enabled server extensions because Dreamhost insists it's unnecessary, and I told them I don't have the luxury of losing access to my site for four days in any case, but now when I've said I'll bite the bullet and do it they say that enabling the server extensions won't change a thing.
And after two weeks of trying to resolve this, Dreamhost have basically thrown their hands up and told me to come here or find a solution myself.
Yes, (insert your anti-Microsoft tirade here) but I don't have a few hundred Â£Â£ lying around at the moment to spend on another software package.